MTGCast #256 – Little Debbie’s Dark Secret
Thursday, September 30th – It’s two-plus hours of podcastin’ with Robert, Marcel, Jack and Tom! We talk through our Scars of Mirrodin Prereleases, favorite cards, Limited archetypes, and more.
Thursday, September 30th – It’s two-plus hours of podcastin’ with Robert, Marcel, Jack and Tom! We talk through our Scars of Mirrodin Prereleases, favorite cards, Limited archetypes, and more.
Thursday, September 30th – I had no idea that States was so soon after the Scars release! Every day brings more and more brewing, and ideas are flying fast and furious. Today, I want to look at a bunch of potential decks for States.
Thursday, September 30th – In a new format, I typically build the fastest, most aggressive decks possible. Only then can I understand what to expect. Once I know which aggro decks are good and what I’ll have to play against, then I can go about building a control deck.
Thursday, September 30th – Last week, I explained in great detail why the two biggest decks in Legacy were positive matchups for Goblins. Some agreed. Others clearly did not. I decided to put my money where my mouth was.
Thursday, September 30th – Anton drafts one of his best decks so far in the series, R/B Act of Treason! Follow his draft pick by pick and pick his brain in the forums!
Wednesday, September 29th – A message to all those going completely crazy over how Koth might have to be banned because it’s so ridiculous: Take a deeeep breath. Relax. Have some water. This isn’t even close to the best planeswalker.
Wednesday, September 29th – I finally came across an article that sparked a new fire in me. Last week, Patrick Chapin discussed a Mono-White Artifact deck that actually got my blood flowing. Where is Affinity’s place in Standard?
Wednesday, September 29th – Is second place and the $6 in store credit worth upsetting a good in-League relationship? Sheldon debates what it means to play to win and more in his EDH column!
Wednesday, September 29th – With the leaving of Oblivion Ring and Path to Exile, what is a control mage to do in this Standard environment? Shaheen Soorani, U/W Master, discusses Scars and the gifts it provides.
Wednesday, September 29th – Chapin continues the most epic set review in history with the red, land, and gold cards! Which planeswalkers will make his top 5 list? What will be a staple one-drop for red? And which are the best Scars duals?
Wednesday, September 29th – Emerging from his hermitage, grizzled Sealed Deck veteran Eli Kaplan returns from the past, giving readers card evaluations, cheap jokes, and Limited analysis.
Tuesday, September 28th – Which card does Zvi fear the most in new Affinity? Will a poison deck rise in Standard? Be careful where you step from here; you could be infected next.
Tuesday, September 28th – After arriving in Baltimore with nowhere to stay, we finally found a hostel. Jasper was reluctant. He said he didn’t know anything about hostels except for that one movie.
Tuesday, September 28th – Chapin continues his set review with Part 2 of the artifacts. What does world-class deck designer “The Innovator” have to say about Ratchet Bomb? Semblance Anvil? Myr tribal? He’s not one to judge a card by its sleeve…
Tuesday, September 28th – “Unless you’re an Affinity player, there’s not much need to hang onto your Mox Opals.” See why the numbers aren’t in favor of Mox Opal and how to play Assault Strobe, Kuldotha Forgemaster, or Liquimetal Coating in Legacy.