Today’s Weekly MTG stream gave players a first look at what is to come in Murders at Karlov Manor.
The next Standard-legal set takes place on Ravnica, but isn’t a typical guild-based expansion. Instead, Murders at Karlov Manor brings the familiar characters and setting of Ravnica together for a murder mystery!
- Remaining Story Episodes: January 8–18
- Debut and Previews Begin on WeeklyMTG: January 16
- Commander Deck Previews: January 24
- Card Image Gallery and Previews Complete: January 26
- MTG Arena Streamer Event: February 1
- Prerelease at Your Local Game Store: February 2–8
- MTG Arena Release: February 6
- Global Tabletop Launch: February 9
- WPN Game Store Open House: February 9–11
- Friday Night Magic: February 9 – March 29
- Standard Showdown: February 9 – April 4
- Commander Night: February 16–18
- MagicCon: Chicago and Pro Tour Murders at Karlov Manor: February 23–25
- Ravnica: Clue Edition (Ravnica: Cluedo Edition) Launch Party: February 23–25
- WPN Store Championship: March 2–10
Take a look at the product packaging for Murders at Karlov Manor, ranging from a Play Booster display, prerelease kit, and all four Commander Decks.
Murders at Karlov Manor will have four Commander Decks:
- Deadly Disguise (red/green/white)
- Revenant Recon (blue/black)
- Deep Clue Sea (green/white/blue)
- Blame Game (red/white)
Thirteen puzzles will also be built into the set to get Magic: The Gathering players in the detective mood. Beginning on Feb. 2, a new puzzle will appear each day online, all leading toward what’s to come in the game’s future.
Check out some of the card previews that introduce new and old characters along with a couple classic reprints.
Wojek Investigator will also be the Buy-A-Box Promo card.
Start things off with the new full-art basic lands in the set, Impossible Lands. These basics offer a different view of the Ravnica cityscape than previous sets.
The first showcase treatment is the Magnified frame, each depicting a story spotlight moment.
Showcase Ravnica City provides different variants for the guild leaders.
These variants will also have serialized versions.
The Showcase Dossier treatment gives the rundown on some key cards in the set.
An Invisible Ink version of the Dossier cards can be found in Collector Boosters. Look closely and at the right angles to get more information on the ongoing investigation.
Play Booster Examples
As Murders at Karlov Manor will be the first set with Play Boosters, two examples of what a Play Booster will look like were previewed. The first shows a pretty average pack while the second shows the best-case scenario Play Booster.
Ravnica: Clue Edition
While Murders at Karlov Manor releases on February 9, it will be followed by Ravnica: Clue Edition on February 23. This products offers a full multiplayer experience right out of the box. Open packs, battle it out, and try to solve the murder with characters and weapons from the legendary board game.
Meet Senator Peacock.
Could the murder weapon be a Lead Pipe? The weapons will also appear in the main set.
The rooms will also be included, feast your eyes on Dining Room.
And even though the iconic shock lands will not be in the main set of Murders at Karlov Manor, Clue-themed shock lands will come as box toppers with Ravnica: Clue Edition.
Read the official first look article from WotC.