Wizards of the Coast (WotC) has released their weekly MTG Arena update that includes the contents of the upcoming Historic and Explorer Anthologies, the next Arena Open, and more.
Explorer And Historic Anthologies Launch Tomorrow
Tomorrow, Explorer Anthology 1 and Historic Anthology 6 will go on sale in the MTG Arena store. Each set contains 20 cards to supplement their formats. Each bundle will cost 4,000 gems or 25,000 gold for a playset of each card. The bundles will be available until October 5. Players can also craft individual cards by redeeming appropriate wild cards. Check out all 20 cards for each set below:
Explorer Anthology 1
Explorer Anthology 1 will be legal in Explorer and Historic.
Historic Anthology 6
Historic Anthology 6 will only be legal in Historic play.
Arena Open This Weekend
The next Arena Open is set for this weekend and will feature Alchemy Horizons: Baldur’s Gate Limited. Day 1 is Sealed and Day 2 is Draft. The structure for Day 2 has changed and will now feature two separate drafts instead of one. All players who enter will receive the Baldur’s Gate dragon sleeve.
Get all the details for the Arena Open here.
Summer Sale Coming Next Week
The MTG Arena cosmetics summer sale kicks off August 4 and will run through August 17. More details will come next week, but you can expect fan favorites, bundles, and more to show up in the store.
Events open at 8 a.m. PT (UTC -7) and close at 8 a.m. PT (UTC-7) on the dates shown unless otherwise noted.
- July 7–29: Alchemy Horizons: Baldur’s Gate Sealed (Best-of-One and Best-of-Three)
- July 18–28: Dragons & Dungeons
- July 22-28: Innistrad: Midnight Hunt Premier Draft
- July 28-August 2: Innistrad: Crimson Vow Premier Draft
- August 2-7: Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Premier Draft
- August 5-8: Historic Metagame Challenge
- August 7-12: Streets of New Capenna Premier Draft
- August 12-September 1: Arena Cube
- July 22–August 5: Alchemy Horizons: Baldur’s Gate
- August 5–19: Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty
- August 19–September 2: Alchemy Horizons: Baldur’s Gate
- September 2-15: Streets of New Capenna
Midweek Magic events open on Tuesdays at 8 AM PT and close on Thursdays at 8 AM PT.
- July 26–28: Singleton
- August 2–4: Explorer
- August 9-11: Historic Artisan
- August 16-18: Omniscience Dragons
- August 23-25: Future Alchemy
Arena Open Day 1 entry window opens at 6 AM PT (13:00 UTC) and closes the following day at 3 AM PT (10:00 UTC).
Day 2 entry window is two hours only, from 6 AM PT (13:00 UTC) until 8 AM PT (15:00 UTC).
- July 30–31
- Day 1, July 30: Alchemy Horizons: Baldur’s Gate Sealed Best-of-One and Best-of-Three
- Day 2, July 31: Alchemy Horizons: Baldur’s Gate Draft Best-of-Three only
Premier Play Schedule
All times listed are Pacific time (UTC -7).
Note: The format for the August Qualifier Play-In and Qualifier Weekend events has been updated to Alchemy. For full details, see the event pages linked below.
Qualifier Play-In Events
Qualifier Play-In events are single-day tournaments in which players compete to earn invitations to Qualifier Weekend events.
- Best-of-One Qualifier Play-In
- August 13, 6 AM – August 17, 6 AM
- Format: Alchemy
- Best-of-Three Qualifier Play-In
- August 19, 6 AM – August 20, 3 AM
- Format: Alchemy
Qualifier Weekend Events
Day One and Day Two events close to new entries at 8 AM PT (UTC 15:00) each day.
Qualifier Weekend events are two-day events in which eligible players compete for invitations to the Arena Championship held in the fourth quarter of 2022.
- Qualifier Weekend
- August 20, 6 AM – August 21, 4 PM
- Format for both days: Alchemy
Read the original article from WotC.