Search Content

Innovations – Scars of Mirrodin Set Review Part 4

Thursday, September 30th – Continuing the green and white set review in classic fashion, deck designer Patrick Chapin discusses Elspeth Tirel and why she’s overrated, a new multi-format hoser, Girl Scouts, and infinitely more.

MTGCast #256 – Little Debbie’s Dark Secret

Thursday, September 30th – It’s two-plus hours of podcastin’ with Robert, Marcel, Jack and Tom! We talk through our Scars of Mirrodin Prereleases, favorite cards, Limited archetypes, and more.

Ideas Unbound – Gauntlet for States!

Thursday, September 30th – I had no idea that States was so soon after the Scars release! Every day brings more and more brewing, and ideas are flying fast and furious. Today, I want to look at a bunch of potential decks for States.

One Step Ahead – Brewing Aggro Decks for States

Thursday, September 30th – In a new format, I typically build the fastest, most aggressive decks possible. Only then can I understand what to expect. Once I know which aggro decks are good and what I’ll have to play against, then I can go about building a control deck.

Insider Information – A Legacy Goblins Followup

Thursday, September 30th – Last week, I explained in great detail why the two biggest decks in Legacy were positive matchups for Goblins. Some agreed. Others clearly did not. I decided to put my money where my mouth was.

Drafting With Anton – M11 #6!

Thursday, September 30th – Anton drafts one of his best decks so far in the series, R/B Act of Treason! Follow his draft pick by pick and pick his brain in the forums!

Scars of Mirrodin Set Review: I Came Back for This? (Red)

Wednesday, September 29th – A message to all those going completely crazy over how Koth might have to be banned because it’s so ridiculous: Take a deeeep breath. Relax. Have some water. This isn’t even close to the best planeswalker.

Constructed Criticism – The New Affinity

Wednesday, September 29th – I finally came across an article that sparked a new fire in me. Last week, Patrick Chapin discussed a Mono-White Artifact deck that actually got my blood flowing. Where is Affinity’s place in Standard?

Embracing the Chaos – Karrthus Disappoints

Wednesday, September 29th – Is second place and the $6 in store credit worth upsetting a good in-League relationship? Sheldon debates what it means to play to win and more in his EDH column!

The Icy Grip – A Control Player’s Scars Breakdown for Standard

Wednesday, September 29th – With the leaving of Oblivion Ring and Path to Exile, what is a control mage to do in this Standard environment? Shaheen Soorani, U/W Master, discusses Scars and the gifts it provides.

Innovations – Scars of Mirrodin Set Review Part 3

Wednesday, September 29th – Chapin continues the most epic set review in history with the red, land, and gold cards! Which planeswalkers will make his top 5 list? What will be a staple one-drop for red? And which are the best Scars duals?

Return to Mechaville! A Scars of Mirrodin Sealed Article

Wednesday, September 29th – Emerging from his hermitage, grizzled Sealed Deck veteran Eli Kaplan returns from the past, giving readers card evaluations, cheap jokes, and Limited analysis.

Scars of Mirrodin Set Review: I Came Back for This? (Black)

Tuesday, September 28th – Which card does Zvi fear the most in new Affinity? Will a poison deck rise in Standard? Be careful where you step from here; you could be infected next.

Black Magic – Travels With Jasper

Tuesday, September 28th – After arriving in Baltimore with nowhere to stay, we finally found a hostel. Jasper was reluctant. He said he didn’t know anything about hostels except for that one movie.

Innovations – Scars of Mirrodin Set Review Part 2

Tuesday, September 28th – Chapin continues his set review with Part 2 of the artifacts. What does world-class deck designer “The Innovator” have to say about Ratchet Bomb? Semblance Anvil? Myr tribal? He’s not one to judge a card by its sleeve…