Wizards of the Coast has released key information and scheduling details for Modern Horizons 2.
Upcoming Important Dates
Modern Horizons 2 is currently scheduled for release on June 11, with prerelease events running the entire week leading up to launch June 4-11. Due to the continued suspension of in-store play, local game stores will be able to host At-Home and Webcam Prereleases only. Additionally, Modern Horizons 2 will be the first non-Standard set release to feature Prerelease Packs.
- Scheduling Opens: March 8 (now open!)
- Wizards Event Reporter Decommission: March 23
- Distributor Selection Deadline: March 26
- WPN Premium Deadline: March 26
- Marketing Kits Delivered (North America and Latin America): May 3
- Digital Marketing Assets Available: May 3
- Promo Cards Delivered: May 28–June 2
- Marketing Kits Delivered (Europe, Japan, and Asia-Pacific): May 28–June 2
- Prerelease: June 4–June 10
- Release: June 11
Organizers looking to host Modern Horizons 2 Prerelease events will have until March 26 to reach WPN Premium status in order to gain access to increased Early Sale Promotion product and the ability to sell Collector Booster displays during Prerelease.
For WPN Premium stores, Modern Horizons 2 allocation will be “…based on a reduced percentage of past Prerelease attendance at Kaldheim, Zendikar Rising, or Theros Beyond Death…” events. Stores should also expect a “smaller allocation of Prerelease Early Sale Promotion boxes than you would see for a Standard set.”
Prerelease Early Sale Promotion Products by Region
- North America: Set Boosters
- Brazil: Draft Boosters
- Latin America (Excluding Brazil): English Set Boosters
- Korea & Taiwan: Draft Boosters
- Asia Pacific (Excluding Korea and Taiwan): Set Boosters
- Japan: Set Boosters
- Europe (German, English, or French): Set Boosters
- Europe (Spanish, Russian, or Italian): Half Draft Boosters and Half English Set Boosters
Read the original article from Wizards of the Coast.