As part of an ongoing series of weekly changes, Wizards of the Coast (WotC) has announced the updates and changes for Week 3 of Modern Horizons 2 on Magic Online.
Over the Horizon Series
A new high-level series of Limited events over the month of June, the Over the Horizon Series will feature three events on the next three weekends that players can compete in to qualify for the Over the Horizon Championship. Entry to each Sealed event on the first three weekends costs 50 Event Tickets, 500 Play Points, or 40 MOCS Season 2 Qualifier Points. Players open six packs of Modern Horizons 2 and cards opened will be added to your collection. Top finishers in the Championship will earn sets of both the original Modern Horizons and Modern Horizons 2, while the winner earns four sets of each.
Week 3 Start Times
- Friday, June 18, at 2 PM PT
- Saturday, June 19, at 1 AM PT
- Sunday, June 20, at 7 AM PT
- 8 Wins: 24 Modern Horizons 2 Boosters, Limited Championship Entry Token
- 7 Wins: 12 Modern Horizons 2 Boosters, Limited Championship Entry Token
- 6 Wins: 9 Modern Horizons 2 Boosters, Limited Championship Entry Token
- 5 Wins: 6 Modern Horizons 2 Boosters
Over the Horizon Championship
Start Time: Saturday, June 26, at 7 AM Pacific (14:00 UTC)
Entry Options: 1 Limited Championship Entry Token
Format: Sealed Deck—20-minute deck-building time, followed by a number of Swiss rounds based on attendance, followed by a Top 8 draft with single-elimination playoff.
- 6 Modern Horizons 2 boosters, plus
- Additional 3 Modern Horizons 2 boosters in the Top 8 draft.
All cards opened will be added to players’ collections.
Round Length: 25 minutes per player, first to win two matches
- 1st: 1,000 Play Points, 200 Treasure Chests, 4 regular Modern Horizons sets, and 4 regular Modern Horizons 2 sets
- 2nd: 750 Play Points, 150 Treasure Chests, 2 regular Modern Horizons sets, and 2 regular Modern Horizons 2 sets
- 3rd–4th: 600 Play Points, 100 Treasure Chests, 1 regular Modern Horizons set, and 1 regular Modern Horizons 2 set
- 5th–8th: 450 Play Points, 50 Treasure Chests, 1 regular Modern Horizons set, and 1 regular Modern Horizons 2 set
- 9th–16th: 300 Play Points, 25 Treasure Chests, and 1 regular Modern Horizons 2 set
- 17th–32nd: 300 Play Points, 15 Treasure Chests
- 33rd–64th: 150 Play Points, 5 Treasure Chests
Format Challenges are scheduled to run every weekend for the foreseeable future and are the “first step to qualifying for Premier Play.” The schedule for upcoming Format Challenges can be found below:
|12:00 AM||Vintage Challenge|
|2:00 AM||Pauper Challenge|
|4:00 AM||Legacy Challenge||Modern Challenge|
|6:00 AM||Standard Challenge||Pioneer Challenge|
|8:00 AM||Modern Challenge||Legacy Challenge|
|10:00 AM||Vintage Challenge||Pauper Challenge|
|2:00 PM||Pioneer Challenge||Standard Challenge|
- Improvement to issues causing game server restarts.
- Fixes for Conspicuous Snoop, Chandra’s Defeat, Mythos of Illuna, Gifts Ungiven, Increasing Vengeance, and Expressive Iteration.
The next downtime is scheduled for Wednesday, July 7, 9 AM through noon for the launch of Adventures in Forgotten Realms.
Read the original article from Wizards of the Coast.