As part of an ongoing series of weekly changes, Wizards of the Coast (WotC) has announced the updates and changes for Week 2 of Modern Horizons 2 on Magic Online.
Over the Horizon Series
A new high-level series of Limited events over the month of June, the Over the Horizon Series will feature three events on the next three weekends that players can compete in to qualify for the Over the Horizon Championship. Entry to each Sealed event on the first three weekends costs 50 Event Tickets, 500 Play Points, or 40 MOCS Season 2 Qualifier Points. Players get open six packs of Modern Horizons 2 and cards opened will be added to your collection. Top finishers in the Championship will earn sets of both the original Modern Horizons and Modern Horizons 2, while the winner earns four sets of each.
Week 2 Start Times
- Friday, June 11, at 2 pm PT
- Saturday, June 12, at 1 am PT
- Sunday, June 13, at 7 am PT
Week 3 Start Times
- Friday, June 18, at 2 pm PT
- Saturday, June 19, at 1 am PT
- Sunday, June 20, at 7 am PT
- 8 Wins: 24 Modern Horizons 2 Boosters, Limited Championship Entry Token
- 7 Wins: 12 Modern Horizons 2 Boosters, Limited Championship Entry Token
- 6 Wins: 9 Modern Horizons 2 Boosters, Limited Championship Entry Token
- 5 Wins: 6 Modern Horizons 2 Boosters
The Over the Horizon Championship is set for 7 am PT on June 26 and requires an Entry Token. The event will be Sealed Modern Horizons 2 with a Top 8 draft.
- 1st: 1,000 Play Points, 200 Treasure Chests, 4 regular Modern Horizons sets, and 4 regular Modern Horizons 2 sets
- 2nd: 750 Play Points, 150 Treasure Chests, 2 regular Modern Horizons sets, and 2 regular Modern Horizons 2 sets
- 3rd–4th: 600 Play Points, 100 Treasure Chests, 1 regular Modern Horizons set, and 1 regular Modern Horizons 2 set
- 5th–8th: 450 Play Points, 50 Treasure Chests, 1 regular Modern Horizons set, and 1 regular Modern Horizons 2 set
- 9th–16th: 300 Play Points, 25 Treasure Chests, and 1 regular Modern Horizons 2 set
- 17th–32nd: 300 Play Points, 15 Treasure Chests
- 33rd–64th: 150 Play Points, 5 Treasure Chests
Pioneer Challenge Changes
The minimum required players for the weekly Pioneer Challenge events has been reduced from 64 to 32.
Treasure Chest Updates
The Treasure Chest rewards have been updated to include Modern Horizons 2 promo cards. New Modern Horizons 2 cards will also appear in the rare/mythic rare slot (excluding reprints that are new to Modern).
|Avatar – Arcbound Mouser||Avatar – Knighted Myr||Avatar – Floodhound Treasure|
|Avatar – So Shiny||Avatar – Tizerus Charger||Avatar – Arcbound Whelp|
|Avatar – Glimmer Bairn||Avatar – Jade Avenger||Avatar – Chatterstorm|
|Avatar – Diamond Lion|
Format Challenges are scheduled to run every weekend for the foreseeable future and are the “first step to qualifying for Premier Play.” The schedule for upcoming Format Challenges can be found below:
|12:00 AM||Vintage Challenge|
|2:00 AM||Pauper Challenge|
|4:00 AM||Legacy Challenge||Modern Challenge|
|6:00 AM||Standard Challenge||Pioneer Challenge|
|8:00 AM||Modern Challenge||Legacy Challenge|
|10:00 AM||Vintage Challenge||Pauper Challenge|
|2:00 PM||Pioneer Challenge||Standard Challenge|
The next downtime is scheduled for Wednesday, July 7, 9 AM through noon for the launch of Adventures in Forgotten Realms.
Read the original article from Wizards of the Coast.