Wizards of the Coast (WotC) has shared details for the upcoming October Standard Open on MTG Arena.
The October Standard Arena Open is scheduled to run two days, October 16-17, with players competing for a chance to win a top prize of $2000.
Day 1 will consist of Best-of-One and Best-of-Three queues with each participant able to enter any number of times. All participants will also earn an Ominous Roost card sleeve.
Players participating in the Best-of-One queue will need to reach seven wins to qualify for Day 2, while those in the Best-of-Three queue will need four wins. You can view additional event details below:
- Format: Standard (Best-of-One) and Traditional Standard (Best-of-Three)
- Entry fee: 20,000 gold or 4,000 gems (both Best-of-One and Best-of-Three)
- Event start: October 16 at 6 AM PT (1300 UTC)
- Signup end: October 17 at 3 AM PT (1000 UTC). You’ll have three hours to complete your current run, but you won’t be able to join after this deadline. Matches in progress will be allowed to finish.
- Event end: October 17 at 6 AM PT (1300 UTC). No new matches begin after this time, but matches in progress will be allowed to finish.
- Entry reward: Ominous Roost card sleeve
|Day 1: Best-of-One Standard|
|Match Record: 7 wins or 3 Losses|
|7 Wins||2,000 gems + Day 2 qualification token|
|6 Wins||1,600 gems|
|5 Wins||1,200 gems|
|4 Wins||800 gems|
|3 Wins||400 gems|
|0–2 Wins||No reward|
|Day 1: Best-of-Three Standard|
|Match Record: 4 wins or 1 loss|
|4 Wins||5,000 gems + Day 2 qualification token|
|3 Wins||5,000 gems|
|2 Wins||2,500 gems|
|1 Win||1,000 gems|
|0 Wins||No reward|
Players who make it to Day 2 will only be able to enter a queue once, but are able to make adjustments or change their decks entirely from Day 1.
- Format: Traditional Standard (Best-of-Three)
- Entry fee: Day 2 qualification token (earned on Day 1)
- Entry window: October 17, 6–8 AM PT (1300–1500 UTC). You must join during this two-hour window. You’ll have until the event ends to complete your matches.
- Signup end: October 17 at 8 AM PT (1500 UTC).
- Event end: No new matches after October 17 at 5 p.m. PT (0000 UTC). All matches must begin by 6 p.m. PT (0100 UTC) to count.
|Match Record: 7 wins or 2 Losses|
|7 Wins||$2,000 + Qualifier Weekend invitation|
|5 Wins||20,000 gems|
|4 Wins||10,000 gems|
|3 Wins||6,000 gems|
|2 Wins||4,000 gems|
|1 Win||2,000 gems|
|0 Wins||No reward|
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Regional eligibility restrictions apply, void where prohibited.
- Receiving monetary rewards requires having or creating Wizards, DCI, and i-Payout accounts. (i-Payout accounts cannot be created in advance.)
- Refer to the official Terms and Conditions for complete details.
Read the original article from Wizards of the Coast.