Wizards of the Coast (WotC) has released their weekly MTG Arena update overview, including details for the first wave of rebalances for Alchemy, a new Mad Science event, and more.
Alchemy Rebalances Scheduled
The first set of rebalances following the release of Alchemy will be coming the week of January 24-28. The MTG Arena team is waiting until after the Alchemy Arena Open and Qualifier Weekend so that no testing is disrupted. A “handful” of rebalanced cards are coming with boosts to “fun cards” and “adjustments for some current strategies.” It is expected that another wave of new cards and rebalances should come a few weeks after the release of Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty.
Arena Cube Has One Week Left
The MTG Arena Cube will stick around for another week, leaving the client on January 20. Jump in Best-of-One or Best-of-Three play while you can. Check out the Arena Cube list here.
Mad Science Scheduled For Next Week
Players get another chance at earning Eternal Night showcase styles for Innistrad: Crimson Vow cards during the Mad Science event set for January 21-February 1. The format for the event will be Alchemy, but players have a specual Zombies! emblem that reads “Whenever you cast an instant of sorcery spell, amass X, where X is that spell’s mana value.” More details can be found here.
- January 11-13: Alchemy
- January 18-20: Momir
- January 25-27: Slow Start
- February 1-3: Historic All Access
- February 8-10: Cascade
- January 7-21:: Strixhaven: School of Mages
- January 21-February 4:: Innistrad: Crimson Vow
- February 4-11:: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms
- January 6-21: Arena Cube Draft
- January 22-23: January Qualifier Weekend (Alchemy)
- January 21-February 1: Mad Science
- January 28-February 10: Innistrad: Double Feature Draft
Read the original article from WotC.