As part of an ongoing series of weekly changes, Wizards of the Coast (WotC) has announced the updates and changes for Week 11 of Streets of New Capenna on Magic Online.
Battle for Baldur’s Gate Pauper Card Availability Addressed
The release of Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur’s Gate through treasure chests has caused issues with players not being able to get cards from the set, particularly the commons that are being used in some top Pauper decks. The Magic Online team has upped the presence of those cards in treasure chests, but it hasn’t been enough. WotC is working on another solution to the problem and says to keep an eye on the Magic Online Twitter account for more details when they are available.
Many of the needed commons from Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur’s Gate include the Gates like Basilisk Gate, Citadel Gate, Sea Gate, and Heap Gate.
Upcoming Premier Play Events
|Date||Time (PT)||Time (UTC)||Event||Format||Invitation|
|Friday, July 8||2:00 PM||21:00||Limited Qualifier||SNC Limited||Regional Championship|
|Saturday, July 9||1:00 AM||8:00||Limited Qualifier||SNC Limited||Regional Championship|
|Sunday, July 10||7:00 AM||14:00||Limited Super Qualifier||SNC Limited||Regional Championship|
Format Challenges are scheduled to run every weekend for the foreseeable future and are the first step to qualifying for Premier Play. The schedule for upcoming Format Challenges can be found below:
|12:00 AM||Vintage Challenge|
|2:00 AM||Pauper Challenge|
|4:00 AM||32-Player Legacy Challenge||Modern Challenge|
|6:00 AM||Standard Challenge||Pioneer Challenge|
|8:00 AM||Modern Challenge||Legacy Challenge|
|10:00 AM||Vintage Challenge||Pauper Challenge|
|2:00 PM||Pioneer Challenge||Standard Challenge|
Other Magic Online Fixes
- Several issues involving Cryptic Spires have been fixed:
- In Sealed deckbuilding, the card count will no longer increase by 2 when putting Cryptic Spires into your deck.
- Cryptic Spires will display the pin lines of the chosen colors on the battlefield (consistent with appearance in deckbuilding).
- The preview pane will show the chosen colors of Cryptic Spires in blue text.
- Creature tokens by Adeline, Resplendent Cathar will be able to attack planeswalkers.
- If you control The Ozolith, it will correctly trigger when creatures are put on the top or bottom of your library.
- Grafdigger’s Cage and Weathered Runestone will correctly keep creature cards from entering the battlefield from libraries after being revealed by certain spells.
- Double-faced cards with artifacts on the back face that are in graveyards will correctly no longer be affected by spells returning all artifacts to the battlefield.
- Ranar the Ever-Watchful will correctly no longer trigger when opponents exile permanents.
- Hullbreacher will interact correctly with effects that have each player draw a card, then discard a card (create a Treasure for each opponent, then loot once).
The next scheduled downtime is set for 9 AM on August 31.
Read the original article from WotC.