March of the Machine is the second Standard-legal set of 2023 and is scheduled to debut April 21. Below you’ll find all the important information you’ll need to know leading up to its release. This article will be updated as new information is released, so be sure to bookmark it and check back frequently! Check out our preview gallery for March of the Machine here.
MOM At MagicCon Philadelphia
A special episode of Weekly MTG held at MagicCon Philadelphia gave Magic players their first look at March of the Machine.
Check out the video and our recap for previews and more!
- March 16-27: Story on Daily MTG begins
- March 29: Previews begin
- April 14–20: Prerelease:
- Including Jumpstart prerelease: players receive two Jumpstart packs to open, shuffle together, and play.
- April 18: MTG Arena and Magic Online digital release
- April 21: Global tabletop release
- April 21-23: Launch Party
- TBA: Store Championships
- TBA: Commander Party
March of the Machine will follow follow a standard line-up of products, featuring Draft Boosters, Set Boosters, Collector Boosters, Jumpstart Boosters, Bundle, and Prerelease Pack.
- 36 March of the Machine MTG Draft Boosters—the best boosters for drafting March of the Machine
- 15 Magic cards per booster
- At least 1 card of rarity Rare or higher in every pack
- 1 Traditional Foil card in 33% of packs
- 30 March of the Machine Set Boosters—the best MTG boosters to open just for fun
- 12 Magic: The Gathering cards per booster
- 1–5 cards of rarity Rare or higher in every pack
- Traditional Foil card and Art Card in every pack
- 12 March of the Machine MTG Collector Boosters
- 15 Magic cards + 1 foil token in each booster
- 10–12 foil cards in every pack
- 5 cards of rarity Rare or higher in every pack
- 1-3 Extended Art Cards, along with other special treatments
- 18 March of the Machine Jumpstart Boosters—20 Magic cards per booster
- 2 Traditional Foil Land cards in every pack
- 2 Rare cards in every pack—including 1 card from a pool of Rares not found in the main set
- Each pack has 1 of 5 possible themes and each theme comes in 2 variants—mix and match for wild mashups
- 8 March of the Machine Set Boosters
- 1 foil alt-art promo card
- 40 basic land cards (20 foil + 20 nonfoil)
- Spindown life counter + card storage box
- 6 March of the Machine Draft Boosters
- 1 foil, year-stamped Rare or Mythic Rare
- 1 MTG Arena code card (only available in select regions)
- 1 deck box
- 1 Spindown die
March of the Machine Commander
- Five 100-card ready-to-play March of the Machine Commander Decks
- 2-card Collector Booster Sample Pack
- 1 foil-etched Display Commander
- Life tracker
- Deck Box
March of the Machine is scheduled to release on April 21. Check out our preview gallery for the set.