It’s election time again, Magic style. Now is the time of year where Magic fans everywhere get to vote their favorite players into the Magic: the Gathering Invitational. Well this year, we decided to give all players on the ballot equal time on our front page. From now until the end of the Invitational voting process, StarCityGames.com will run advertisements from any pro on the ballot (but only from those pros), explaining in 1000 words or less why they should get your vote. Tell your friends to help their case simply by submitting their advertisement to Mail us at https://sales.starcitygames.com/contactus/contactform.php?emailid=2 and we will do the rest.
We kick things off with the French clown prince of the Pro Tour, the funny, charming, and always amusing Olivier Ruel.
My name is Olivier Ruel and I approve this message…
Why you should not vote for me…
1) I certainly am not the best player on the list.
2) I do pretty badly every time I go to the Invitational.
3) Me and Nassif? That would be two times the chance to open a Frenchman in a booster pack.
4) I’d definitely submit a stupid penguin card.
Why you should vote for me…
1) I’m on a good run – 2nd in the Player of the Year race and 2nd in the Pro Standings.
2) If you want someone else to win, vote for me – my lifetime record is 11-19 in the Invitational.
3) I’d definitely submit a stupid penguin card.
4) I might be the only player to care more about Magic than about poker on that list.
5) I rock.
6) You can have free “Vote Olivier ’05” stickers if you vote before Sunday at 6pm.