Wizards of the Coast (WotC) has released their weekly MTG Arena update that includes details on Alchemy Rebalances, Gladiator coming to the client, and more.
Two cards are being rebalanced for Alchemy and Historic along with a plethora of changes for Alchemy Horizons: Baldur’s Gate Draft.
The major constructed changes are aimed at two Gruul cards that powered up combo decks utilizing Cabaretti Revels and Racketeer Boss.
On top of those changes, 27 cards are being rebalanced specifically for Alchemy Horizons: Baldur’s Gate Draft. The majority of the changes are to make blue more viable in the format, while making it easier to block in all colors. Check out all the changes here. The rebalances go live tomorrow after the client update.
Gladiator Hits MTG Arena Tomorrow
The fan-made variant of Singleton, Gladiator, comes to MTG Arena on August 11-14. Decks are 100 cards (or more) with no duplicates other than basic lands, don’t use sideboards, and matches are best-of-three. Banned cards are:
- Field of the Dead
- Natural Order
- Nexus of Fate
- Oko, Thief of Crowns
- Teferi, Time Raveler
For those that want a jumping-off point, there will be 10 preconstructed decks to try out. The event is free to play and offers Individual Card Rewards for the first two wins. For more information on the format and the event, check out the Gladiator spotlight page.
Best-Of-One Qualifier Play-In This Weekend
The Alchemy Best-Of-One Qualifier Play-In hits MTG Arena this weekend. Players can earn a spot in the August Qualifier Weekend — the last chance to qualify for Arena Championship 1. The action begins at 6 AM PT on Saturday and ends at 6 AM PT on Sunday.
Events open at 8 a.m. PT (UTC -7) and close at 8 a.m. PT (UTC-7) on the dates shown unless otherwise noted.
- August 7-12: Streets of New Capenna Premier Draft
- August 11-15: Community Spotlight Gladiator
- August 12-September 1: Arena Cube
- August 22-27: Kaladesh Remastered Premier Draft
- August 27-September 1: Amonkhet Remastered Premier Draft
- September 9-12: Standard Metagame Challenge
- August 5–19: Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty
- August 19–September 2: Alchemy Horizons: Baldur’s Gate
- September 2-15: Streets of New Capenna
- September 16-30: Dominaria United
Midweek Magic events open on Tuesdays at 8 AM PT and close on Thursdays at 8 AM PT.
- August 9-11: Historic Artisan
- August 16-18: Omniscience
- August 23-25: Future Alchemy (All Access)
- August 30-September 1: Last Call (All Access)
- September 6-8: Dominaria United Phantom Sealed
Premier Play Schedule
All times listed are Pacific time (UTC -7).
Note: The format for the August Qualifier Play-In and Qualifier Weekend events has been updated to Alchemy. For full details, see the event pages linked below.
Qualifier Play-In Events
Qualifier Play-In events are single-day tournaments in which players compete to earn invitations to Qualifier Weekend events.
- Best-of-One Qualifier Play-In
- August 13, 6 AM – August 17, 6 AM
- Format: Alchemy
- Best-of-Three Qualifier Play-In
- August 19, 6 AM – August 20, 3 AM
- Format: Alchemy
Qualifier Weekend Events
Day One and Day Two events close to new entries at 8 AM PT (UTC 15:00) each day.
Qualifier Weekend events are two-day events in which eligible players compete for invitations to the Arena Championship held in the fourth quarter of 2022.
- Qualifier Weekend
- August 20, 6 AM – August 21, 4 PM
- Format for both days: Alchemy
Read the original article from WotC.